We invite proposals for papers that deal with the role of Popular Culture, popular mediums and its relationship to the written and/or spoken word and other disciplines and methodologies.
Participant from different fields — literary theory and philosophy, political science, history, creative writing, aesthetics, film studies, art history and theory, theater, fine arts, graphic design, culture studies, visual and media studies, digital media and electronic arts, sociology, psychology, and cognitive science — are invited to submit an abstract.
To propose a PAPER, please send an electronic 250-word abstract along with an attached brief one-page c.v. no later than December 28th, 2012, to Dr. Nhora Serrano at the conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Digital Cultures and/or Community
* Videogames and Narrative
* Folklore, Mythology and Popular Culture
* Popular Culture & the Classical
* Medieval, Renaissance & Early Modern Popular Cultures
* The Political & the Popular (i.e. Class, Ethnicity and Race)
* Gender, Queer Studies & the Popular
* Popular Culture & Censorship
* Popular Culture & Visual Representation