Major: English, Rhetoric and Composition
Minor: Comparative World Literature
Certificate: Technical and Professional Communication
Degree(s): MA, class of 2013; BA, class of 2009
In 2009, Cortney Kimoto graduated Summa Cum Laude and earned her Bachelor of Arts at CSULB in English, Rhetoric and Composition with a minor in Comparative World Literature. Following her passion for writing, Cortney furthered her education by pursuing a Master of Arts at CSULB with an emphasis in Rhetoric and Composition and a certificate in Technical and Professional Communication. Her research during the graduate program focused on digital media and online participatory culture in relation to education and the new media landscape. Almost immediately after earning her MA in 2013, Cortney began her professional career as a Technical Writer for Yahoo!, combining her passion for writing and technology. She currently lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and enjoys her new position with Yahoo!
Cortney’s Professional Road Map:
- Technical Writer, Yahoo!
- Administrative Support Assistant II, CSULB’s College of Liberal Arts and Department of English
- Substitute Instructor, CSULB’s Department of English
- Technical Writing Intern, Cloud Sherpas
- Web Content Manager, CSULB’s College of Liberal Arts
- Writing Tutor, CSULB’S Writer’s Resource Lab Tutoring Center