Students who major in one of the programs in the College of Liberal Arts can expect to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- A fundamental understanding of social and individual behavior and of cultures and belief systems in the past and present.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in English and, where applicable, in other languages.
- The ability to acquire and analyze relevant information and use it to understand and help resolve complex social problems.
- An increased knowledge of international and multicultural issues in the contemporary world.
- A heightened interest in and commitment to continue learning, to celebrate diversity, and to engage the world.