- Admissions Information
- Course Information
- Distance Education
- Pre-Licensure Workshops
- Stipend Grants & Special Programs
MSW Application Packet Requirements
In addition to applying online to the University (CSULB), applicants must also submit a separate MSW application packet (either by mail or in person) directly to the School of Social Work Admissions Office.
A completed MSW APPLICATION PACKET must include the following items:
- MSW ADMISSION APPLICATION (completed in full)
- PERSONAL STATEMENT (4-6 pages)
- THREE (3) REFERENCE FORMS (letters are optional), including at least one (1) professional reference and at least one (1) academic reference. Personal references are not appropriate and will not be accepted. (NOTE: Advanced Standing applicants who are current students in a BASW/BSW program must submit reference forms from their field instructor and either their senior advisor or a professor from their senior year: please refer to Advanced Standing Information Sheet for more information)
- ELEMENTARY STATISTICS COURSE SYLLABUS (unless the course has be verified by the School of Social Work prior to submission).
If you have already completed an elementary statistics course, you can verify that the course has been approved by our School of Social Work as follows:
(1) If you took a course at a local community/junior college: you can check the Course Equivalencies document to confirm that the course you took has already been approved.
(2) If you took a course in the state of California, you can check the Assist.org website to verify that the course you took is equivalent to one of the CSULB courses that meets this requirement (see Course Equivalencies link above).
(3) You can contact our Admissions Office to confirm whether or not the course you took has been approved in the past.
(4) If you cannot verify the course via options 1-3, you must submit a course syllabus in your application packet. The syllabus will be evaluated and you will receive an email confirmation as to whether the course was approved or denied.
The GRE is NOT required to apply to the MSW program.