- Admissions Information
- Course Information
- Distance Education
- Pre-Licensure Workshops
- Stipend Grants & Special Programs
How to Apply to the MSW Program
The School of Social Work application cycle begins October 1st. Prospective students can apply beginning on October 1st.
Applying to the MSW Program at CSULB is a TWO-PART process:
- APPLY ONLINE TO THE UNIVERSITY (CSULB): You must apply to the University (CSULB) by submitting an online CSU Mentor Application.
- You do not have to submit the CSU Mentor Statement of Purpose, but you must state in the text box that you are forwarding a Personal Statement document to the School of Social Work.
- Have original transcripts from all postsecondary schools sent directly to CSULB "University Enrollment Services" (U.E.S.). The mailing address for U.E.S. is available on their website.
- U.E.S. will issue you a 9-digit CSULB student identification number within two weeks of your online application submission.
- SUBMIT APPLICATION PACKET TO THE SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK: