Courses for Alumni
PT 590, Section 01: Differential Diagnosis and Musculoskeletal Imaging, Instructor: Steven Graboff, MD.
Dr. Graboff is an orthopedist practicing in Orange county, CA. He has lectured on orthopedics for physical therapists in PT 622, Clinical Pathophysiology for approximately 10 years.
Recommended Texts are:
- Goodman, Catherine and Snyder, Teresa (2007). Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists: Screening for Referral. Ed 4, St Louis, Elsevier.
- McKinnis, Lynn N. (2005). Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Imaging. Ed 2, Philadelphia, FA Davis
Objectives : After completion of the course, the attendee will be able to:
- Explain the role of the physical therapist for referral for patients to other health professionals.
- Recognize red flag signs and symptoms for referral which may be present in persons with common neuromusculoskeletal disorders.
- Contrast uses of different imaging techniques in neuromusculoskeletal disorders.
- Explain results of imaging tests in lay terms for patients being treated by physical therapists.
Register through the College of Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE). Cost is $527.
Please contact Gloria Dacanay at 562-985-4024 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.