Graduate Handouts and Documents
New applications will be posted soon.
Advancement to Candidacy Forms
The Advancement to Candidacy confers the equivalent of catalog rights on graduate students, and also signifies approval of a plan of study by the student's department and college. As such, it is advisable to Advance to Candidacy as soon as the following requirements are met.
In order to Advance to Candidacy, the following must be completed:
- 6 units of graduate course work at CSULB for residency requirement
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- All required prerequisite courses
- Successful completion of the Writing Proficiency Examination (WPE) (or GRE for dual degree programs)
- Approval of the School of Nursing Graduate Advisor and Director of Graduate Studies and Research, College of Health and Human Services.
- Must be completed one semester prior to graduation date
- Must be registered for classes in the semester of Advancement
Clinical Contract Documents
In order to be precepted at a clinical site, there must be an established contract between CSULB and the site. If one does not already exisit, please do the following to initiate a contract:
- Fill out 2 original copies of the clinical contract
- Your name must not be on the contract
- The contract must be valid for a term of 3 or 5 years (month/day/year)
- Please type all required information (or print legibly)
- Sumbit the following to Pam Ford (NUR-44):
- 2 original clinical contracts
- 2 contract agreement documents
- A student info sheet for each clinical facility for which you are initiating a contract.
Contract Agreement Document
Student Info Sheet
Sample Clinical Contract (filled out)
2012 Certificate of Liability Insurance
Directed Project and Thesis Information