Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Specialty
- NRSG 510 - Advanced Pathophysiology
- NRSG 520 - Advanced Pharmacology
- NRSG 535 & 535L - Advanced Pediatric Physical Assessment with Lab
- NRSG 540 - Health Care Economics
- NRSG 550 - Human Diversity
- NRSG 560 - Theories and Roles of AP Nursing
- NRSG 596 - Research Methods in Nursing
Clinical Specialty Courses
- NRSG 650, 650A & 650B - Pediatric Theory and Clinical Studies I
- NRSG 651, 651A & 651B - Pediatric Theory and Clinical Studies II
- NRSG 652 & 652A - Pediatric Theory and Clinical Studies III
Culminating Event Course -- must choose one of the following
- NRSG 692 - Nursing Directed Project
- NRSG 695 - Professional Literature
- NRSG 698 - Nursing Thesis
Health on Wheels
Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
National Association of Pediatric Nurses and Practitioners
(All requirements contained on these pages are superceded by the official information published in the CSULB Catalog of the current academic year. To see an online copy, visit this official university page.)
Proprosed Progression of Degree
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred. A bachelor’s degree in a related field will be considered.
- Current California RN license.
- A college level statistics course.
- A physical assessment course with lab component within the past 5 years
- An upper division or graduate level course in pathophysiology.
- Community heath with lab course (for non-BSN students)
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate degree.
- Currently, the Analytical Writing Component of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), taken within the last 5 years with a minimum score of 4.0, is highly recommended as a pre-requisite for admission to the MSN programs. Beginning Fall 2014 it will be required.