- About the Department
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty
- James Becker, Ph.D.
- Jill Crussemeyer, Ph. D.
- James A. Davis, Ph. D
- Keith Freesemann, Ed. D.
- Christine Galvan, Ph. D.
- Sharon R. Guthrie, Ph.D.
- Grant Hill, Ph.D.
- Kerrie J. Kauer, Ph. D.
- Jeff Kress, Ph. D.
- Barry Lavay, Ph. D
- Mikiko Nakajima, Ed. D.
- Clayre Petray-Rowcliffe, Ph. D.
- Ralph Rozenek, Ph. D.
- Jan Schroeder, Ph. D.
- D. Margaret Toohey-Costa, Ph.D.
- Tiffanye M. Vargas, Ph. D.
- Emyr Williams, Ph. D.
- Alison M. Wrynn, Ph. D
- Wilbur Wu, Ph. D.
- Douglas Young, Ph. D.
- CONTACTS -Faculty (Full / Part Time / T.A.)
- Degree and Program Options
- Adapted Physical Education, B.A.
- Athletic Training, B.S.
- Adapted Physical Education, M.A.
- Coaching and Student Athlete Development, M.A.
- Exercise Physiology and Nutrition, M.S.
- Exercise Science, B.S.
- Exercise Science, M.S.
- Fitness, B.S.
- Individualized Program, and Generalized Areas
- K-12 Physical Education Teacher Education, B.A.
- Kinesiotherapy, B.S. (No longer accepting new students)
- Pedagogical Studies, M.A.
- Motor Behavior, M.A.
- Sport and Exercise Psychology, M.S.
- Sport Psychology and Leadership, B.S.
- Sport Management, M.A.
- Sports Medicine and Injury Studies, M.S.
- Frequently Asked Questions
JEFF KRESS, Ph. D.
Ph. D., University of Kansas; M.S., California State University, Fullerton
Scholarly and Creative Interests:
Dr. Kress' research interest is in experimental education. He is the Director of the Outdoor Beach Adventure course (OutBAC) which is a low ropes experimental learning center. The OutBAC offers a large variety of challenging, experimental activities designed to develop teamwork and leadership skills. Groups from athletic teams, sororities, fraternities, university clubs, as well as most community groups find they can transfer personal growth and teamwork into enhancing a group's sense of pride and achievement.
Kress, J.L., & Statler, T. (2006). A Naturalistic Investigation of Former Olympic Cyclists' Cognitive Strategies for Coping with Exertion Pain During Performance. Journal of Sport Behavior. Accepted for publication.
Kress, J.L., Schroeder, J.M., & Geffner, D. (2006). Learning the Ropes: Challenging Children With Diabetes. American College of Sports Medicine Health and Fitness Journal, 10 (5) 19-23.
Kress, J.L. & Lavay, B. (2006). Traveling the OutBAC: Challenging Children With Disabilities on a Low Ropes Course. PALAESTRA, 22 (2) 21-26.
Taylor, J., & Kress, J. (2004). Psychology of Cycling. In J.L. Docil (Ed.), The Sport Psychologists Handbook. Wiley (pp. 325-352).
Kress, J.L., Schroeder, J.M., & Potteiger, J.A. (1999) The Use of Psychological Skills Training to Increase 10 km Cycling Performance. International Sports Journal. Summer.
Director of the OutBAC which serves the university and surrounding community.