Fall 2013 Undergraduate Admission Policy Change Notice
Beginning with the Fall 2013 admission cycle, all CSULB undergraduate majors become "impacted." As a result, all majors will have major specific admission requirements.
Athletic Training Major Specific Admission Requirements
The Athletic Training Education Program is considered "Highly Impacted" and to be considered for admission to the major, applicants must demonstrate the following.
- Applicants must submit an online supplemental application to the CSULB Athletic Training Program by February 4 for the fall semester. See ATEP Application Requirement web site for the online program application.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 2.7
- Minimum lower division preparation (grade of C or better required):
- The following suite of major preparation courses must be completed with a minimum GPA of 2.5:
- BIOL 207 – Human Physiology
- BIOL 208 – Human Anatomy
- PSY 100 – Introductory Psychology
- Required General Education courses not covered by major preparation courses:
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Minimum of 150 pre–professional athletic training hours.
- At least 100 hours must be attained by observation in a traditional athletic training setting under the supervision of a BOC certified athletic trainer.
- A maximum of 50 hours may be observed in an allied clinical setting, such as sports medicine clinics. Summer sports clinics, sports performance facilities, hospital facilities, or dance performance centers
Additional recommended preparation for transfer students (grade of C or better required):
- ATEP 207 – Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries
- CHEM 100 – Chemistry and Today’s World; or CHEM 111A – General Chemistry; or CHEM 140 – General, Organic, and Biochemistry
- MATH 109 – Modeling with Algebra; or MATH 113 – Precalculus Algebra; or MATH 117 – Precalculus Mathematics; or MATH 119A – Survey of Calculus I; or MATH 122 – Calculus I
- NUTR 132 – Introductory Nutrition
- PHYS 100A – General Physics
Please go to the following link for additional information regarding admissions to the university: