Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
What are the department’s office hours?
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm.
Where can I get my instructor’s contact information and office hours?
What if I get a “department consent required” message when registering a class?
- You need to contact the instructor. The instructor will notify the department and the department will issue a permit to add the course. This does not mean that the instructor is registering you for the course. The permit only allows you to register yourself online on MyCSULB.
Where can I get help choosing classes which I need to take as an undergraduate majoring in health science?
What are the application requirements and deadlines for the Health Science Graduate Program?
Is this the College of Health and Human Services?
- The Health Science Department is actually one of the departments under the College of Health and Human Services. For more information about the college, please follow this link: http://www.csulb.edu/colleges/chhs/
Is this the department where registered students could receive medical services?
- No. Student Health Services may offer some these services. Their facility is located on another part of campus. Please follow this link for more information about Student Health Services: http://www.csulb.edu/divisions/students/shs/ or call (562) 985-4771.
- If it is an emergency, call 911.
Where can I get information if I would like to pursue a career in any of the following fields: medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, optometry, veterinary medicine, physician assisting, physical therapy or graduate nursing?
- You could get this information at the Health Professions Advising Office (HPAO) under the College of Natural Science and Mathematics. Please follow this link for more detailed information: http://www.cnsm.csulb.edu/centers/sas/hpao/index.asp or call (562) 985-5720.
Please click here for the Health Science contact information page.