The CSULB Internship participates in the AND Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) .
The on-line centralized internship application can be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org. For questions, e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
The on-line DICAS application must be completed by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15th. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- Applicants who apply to the CSULB internship using DICAS must complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less at the centralized portal. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to: DICAS - Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472
- When completing the DICAS application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each of three references (minimum required by the CSULB DI). This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting application to more than one internship should use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee.
Applicants must still participate in D&D computer matching under the direction of their Didactic Program Director. See the Didactic Program Director on your campus.
Additional materials unique to the CSULB DI must be submitted (see below).
Criteria for CSULB DI
- Submit to DICAS: AND application, references, transcripts, "Verification Statement" or "Intent to Complete," and personal statement
- Achieve 3.0 GPA Overall & Last 60 Units
- List related Volunteer Work or Experience
- Submit separate application to the University -- CSULB (see "Deadline" page for more information)
- Submit CSULB's DI unique application items on or before February 1st:
- Complete interview with Director and Selection Committee
GPA: 3.0 overall and for last 60 units
GRE: 4 or higher on Analytical Writing and complete Verbal and Quantitative sections
Course Completion: "Verification Statement" or "Intent to Complete" from Didactic Program in Dietetics
Applications: DICAS and the 3 different application steps to CSULB, which are 1) the M.S. program, 2) the University, and 3) the DI .