Academic Advising Information
Academic advising is available for currently matriculated CHHS undergraduate students.
Advisors assist students with comprehensive academic planning for both General Education (GE) and major requirements and help connect students with various support services on campus.
- Students who are currently declared into a CHHS major (not in "pre" standing) may receive advising through individual appointments with an AARC advisor.
- CHHS students who are in "pre-major" status should visit AARC during our walk in advising hours, listed on our homepage.
- Pre-Nursing students should meet with the Pre-Nursing advisor. Click here for more information.
- First time freshmen are not seen in indvidual appointments. CHHS freshmen are advised in group workshops during both semesters of their first year. Please visit our freshmen fall and spring advising pages for more information.
- New CHHS transfer students must meet with an AARC advisor during their first semester at CSULB. Please visit our transfer advising page for more information.
- Due to personnel and fiscal restraints, we only meet with currently matriculated CSULB students. Please visit our prospective students page for resources and information about attending CSULB.
- We strongly encourage CHHS students to meet with their faculty mentor regularly to discuss their major, internship opportunities, and potential career paths. For a list of faculty advisors for each major, please visit our faculty mentors page.