Financial Executives International Awards
This award is given to two students, one accounting major and one finance major, who can best demonstrate how the FEI foundational values – Networking, Knowledge, Advocacy and Ethical Leadership – have contributed to growth in their personal and professional lives. Awards are based upon a written essay and a 7 - 10 minute oral presentation to a panel of judges.
Written essays should be three to five pages long, double spaced, and document how, over the course of the academic year, they have applied the FEI foundational values of networking, knowledge, advocacy and ethical leadership. The essay should discuss these instances, the learning experience from which they benefitted and what the outcome may have been had it not been for these learning experiences. Testimonials from mentors, bosses, trainers, business professionals and others validating these instances may be attached to the essay. Applicants should be specific with respect to the learning experience.
This year FEI Orange County Chapter will award $2,250 per student, plus a one-year electronic subscription to FERF publications and a one-year digital subscription to Financial Executive magazine which together would cost $1,700 for a total award value of over $4,000.
Winning students will be recognized at the Student Center for Professional Development Awards Banquet Friday May 3rd. Students will also be expected to attend the FEI awards banquet at the Pacific Club in Newport Beach on Wednesday May 8th where they will be recognized in front of many finance and accounting professionals who are members of FEI.
- CBA Finance and/or Accounting Major
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Online Application Form –to be submitted to SCPD no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 29th 2013.
- Essay and supporting documentation to be uploaded to the Online Application Form.
- Candidate must be available to give an oral presentation to a panel of judges during the week April 8, 2013.
- Applying for the FEI award does not disqualify a student from applying for any other SCPD award.
- Questions? Contact SCPD Office at (562) 985-2265 or email us: email@example.com