Director's Award for Outstanding Achievement
This award recognizes the student who the SCPD Director, in consultation with mentors, faculty and staff, believes has shown outstanding achievement and personal growth during the academic year.
Applicants must document their achievements over the course of the academic year. Factors to be evaluated include academic success, leadership in student organizations, participation in civic or volunteer activities, achievement in sports, arts or other personal endeavors and certificates, licenses or awards earned. Written testimonials from faculty, mentors, employers and civic leaders will be helpful to the student’s case. The student’s ability to overcome physical, financial, language or other personal limitations will also be an important consideration.
Written essays should be three to five pages long, double spaced, and discuss the student’s achievements both specifically and within the context of the student’s other activities, obstacles or other achievements.
Winners will be recognized at our Awards Banquet on Friday, May 2nd 2014.
- Current SCPD student
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated outstanding achievement and personal growth during the academic year.
- Online Application –to be submitted to SCPD no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 14th 2014.
- Essay and supporting documentation to be uploaded onto the Online Application Form.
- Applying for the Director's Award does not disqualify a student from applying for any other SCPD award.
- Questions? Contact SCPD Office at (562) 985-2265 or email us: email@example.com