Prospective Transfer Students
Welcome to Business @The Beach
We look forward to having you join the College of Business Administration (CBA) as a transfer student at California State University, Long Beach.
2014-15 Prospective Transfer Workshops
CSULB College of Business Administration (CBA) Prospective Transfer Workshop: This will be your opportunity to get a glimpse of what being a CBA student at CSULB is like, what resources you have, learn more about our 8 different options and how you can achieve your goal of obtaining your Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. The workshops will be conducted on the following dates and time.
|Friday, July 25||10:00 - 11:00 AM||CBA 217|
|Friday, Sept. 5||10:00 - 11:00 AM||CBA 111|
|Friday, Oct. 3||10:00 - 11:00 AM||CBA 111|
|Friday, Nov. 7||10:00 - 11:00 AM||CBA 111|
|Friday, Feb. 6||10:00 - 11:00 AM||CBA 111|
|Friday, Mar. 13||10:00 - 11:00 AM||CBA 111|
|Friday, Apr. 17||10:00 - 11:00 AM||CBA 111|
|Register for a Workshop|
CBA’s Advising Center
CBA has an excellent Advising Center with staff dedicated to advising and assisting all CBA undergraduate students in successfully completing all degree requirements in a timely manner. The CBA Advising Center is the “home” for our students and will assist you in choosing your upper division courses for General Education and major specific courses as well as offering support and guidance to smooth your transition into the College of Business Administration. An important “student success” process for you will be to routinely meet (or establish and maintain communications) with CBA Academic Advisors in order to meet your university and degree requirements. Most importantly, we invite you to make an appointment with one of our professional advisors or walk in for a quick question whenever you need assistance or have a question. The CBA advisors assist you from the summer orientation before your first semester and all the way through until graduation.
CBA Student Organizations
CBA has the most prominent college organizations on campus. All of these CBA student organizations are “not only dedicated to developing your business skills and networks, but also sponsor community service events and social events.” The organizations range from business option specific to honor societies and specialized student population organizations. Joining one of our CBA Student Organizations ensures a well-rounded business experience when you graduate.
The CBA Center for Professional Development
The Student Center for Professional Development (SCPD) is a bridge between a student’s academic life and career. The Center focusses on helping students develop the professional skills and personal attributes most valued by prospective employers. The Passport to Success is an umbrella program consisting of a series of professional development workshops and events, Community Scholars (CS), the Corporate Mentoring Program (CMP) and a leadership retreat. This program is free to all CBA upper division students and is the perfect pairing of your important classwork information and development of “real world” experience offered only at CSULB.
Director, CBA Center for Student Success
- Admissions: ES, Transfer Application and Admission
- Admissions Application Status: ES Current Application Deadlines
- Apply Online: CSU Mentor
- CSULB Catalog: Links to most current University Catalog
- Campus Tours: University Outreach & Student Relations: Campus Tours Information
- Center for International Education: International Education at CSULB
- Key Forms: ES Forms & Publications
- Money Matters: CSULB Home, Student Info, Money Matters
- Request More Information: ES, Information for Newly Admitted Transfers
- Transfer or Adult Re-Entry: Student Services Division, Division Program & Services, Adult Re-Entry Services
- Using MyCSULB: ES Using MyCSULB
- Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR): Student Services Division Home, Student Transition & Retention Services
- CBA Academic Advising Center: CBA, Centers & Resources