Past Spring 2011 Events
Fall 2010 Events
- “Inside City Management: A Discussion of the Structure and Practice of Long Beach City Management” - 12/02/10
Rescheduled“The Journey from College Student to CEO” - 11/18/10
- “Veterans in Business: Challenges and Victories” - 11/04/10
- “Remembering Coach John Wooden” - 10/28/10
- “The Business of CSULB Athletics: a Panel Discussion” - 10/14/10
- “Seeking Opportunities in Uncertain Markets” - 10/07/10
- “Overcoming Adversity: The Power of Positivity” - 09/16/10
Spring 2010 Events
- “Negotiating Across Cultures” - 04/27/10
- “Branding 101” - 04/13/10
- “Managing the Millennials” - 04/06/10
- “LEAN Supply Chain Management” - 03/23/10
- “Harnessing the Power of Social Media” - 03/16/10
- “Nonprofit Leadership: Making a Difference by Serving Others” - 03/02/10
- “The New World of Higher Education” - 02/16/10
The Journey from CBA student to CEO
Cynthia Graff will talk about her personal journey of wellness, leadership and becoming a successful business owner. She will share her experiences starting entrepreneurial ventures and what it takes to make any venture successful.
Join us at 6:30pm for refreshments hosted by the Alumni Association.
Cynthia Graff '75
CEO and President of Lindora, Inc.
A nationally recognized expert in weight management, Cynthia Stamper Graff is CEO and President of Lindora, Inc., the largest multi-site medical weight control system in the U.S. Working Woman magazine ranked Lindora among the "Top 500 Women Owned Business in America" for three consecutive years. She also established the Lean for Life Foundation, which promotes obesity research and educational programs. Prior to her work at Lindora since 1989, Graff founded The Road Butler, an emergency road service company in 1985. In 1975, she established MC Financial Real Estate Brokerage & Development. A member of the Founding Fifty, Women's Philanthropy Fund of United Way, she serves as an advisory board member of the Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine. An Orange County Business journal Women in Business Award winner, Graff is also member of the Young Presidents Organization and Adaptive Business Leaders. During her senior year at CSULB, she participated in a CBA program sponsored by the Small Business Association for which she helped a prosthetics company design a manufacturing and warehouse facility. As an alumna, she is the current Ukleja Center for Ethical Leadership William Dickson Leader-in-Residence and was the named the CBA Distinguished Alumna for 2010. She has served as an Woman in Philanthropy board member and has sponsored grants to dietician program students. Graff feels blessed to be a part of the large family, her father, two brothers and brother-in-law all work at Lindora. Her hobbies are golf, reading and psycho-neuro immunology (understanding the mind/body connection).
This event has been cancelled due to a family illness and will be rescheduled for Spring 2011.
College of Business Administration
California State University, Long Beach
Room CBA 139A
1250 Bellflower Blvd., MS - 8501
Long Beach, California 90840-8306
Visitors to the campus must purchase a parking permit at a yellow kiosk for $5.00.
There is a yellow kiosk located in Lot 15 adjacent to the CBA building.
Please park in the multistory parking structure adjacent to the College of Business Administration building on Merriam Way. Campus Map.
NOTE: After purchasing your permit, you may park in the spaces marked "Employees Only" in Lot 15 after 6:00 p.m.