Past Spring 2011 Events
Fall 2010 Events
- “Inside City Management: A Discussion of the Structure and Practice of Long Beach City Management” - 12/02/10
Rescheduled“The Journey from College Student to CEO” - 11/18/10
- “Veterans in Business: Challenges and Victories” - 11/04/10
- “Remembering Coach John Wooden” - 10/28/10
- “The Business of CSULB Athletics: a Panel Discussion” - 10/14/10
- “Seeking Opportunities in Uncertain Markets” - 10/07/10
- “Overcoming Adversity: The Power of Positivity” - 09/16/10
Spring 2010 Events
- “Negotiating Across Cultures” - 04/27/10
- “Branding 101” - 04/13/10
- “Managing the Millennials” - 04/06/10
- “LEAN Supply Chain Management” - 03/23/10
- “Harnessing the Power of Social Media” - 03/16/10
- “Nonprofit Leadership: Making a Difference by Serving Others” - 03/02/10
- “The New World of Higher Education” - 02/16/10
Intelligent Resource Management
George Adams, CEO and President of SA Recycling, will share his fascinating story:
- How he used innovation and technology to grow a scrap metal junkyard into a leader in the recycling industry
- How cutting-edge technologies are helping to sustain our planet
- How to become a leader who makes a difference in business and industry
6:00 PM - Welcome
6:45 PM - Presentation
CEO and President of SA Recycling
As President of SA Recycling, George Adams has implemented innovative practices and cutting edge technologies that protect our planet’s natural resources and create a sustainable environment.
Recycling 2.5 million tons of metal annually and operating 40 recycling facilities throughout California, Arizona, and Nevada, SA Recycling is recognized as an industry leader in metal recycling.
George Adams has served as Chair of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. representing more than 1,600 private, for-profit companies that process, broker, and industrially consume scrap commodities.
Adams is active in local politics and is a major supporter of business, social, and charitable programs.
Location Details: The Pointe Conference Center
The Pointe is located in the base of the Walter Pyramid on Merriam Way on the beautiful California State University, Long Beach campus. Directions to The Pointe
Visitors to the campus must purchase a parking permit at the yellow kiosk located in Lot 13 on Merriam Way for $5.00. Campus Map
Please park in Lot 13 or the multistory parking structure adjacent to the Walter Pyramid.
Please note: Your permit cannot be used for parking spots that are metered.