Past Spring 2011 Events
Fall 2010 Events
- “Inside City Management: A Discussion of the Structure and Practice of Long Beach City Management” - 12/02/10
Rescheduled“The Journey from College Student to CEO” - 11/18/10
- “Veterans in Business: Challenges and Victories” - 11/04/10
- “Remembering Coach John Wooden” - 10/28/10
- “The Business of CSULB Athletics: a Panel Discussion” - 10/14/10
- “Seeking Opportunities in Uncertain Markets” - 10/07/10
- “Overcoming Adversity: The Power of Positivity” - 09/16/10
Spring 2010 Events
- “Negotiating Across Cultures” - 04/27/10
- “Branding 101” - 04/13/10
- “Managing the Millennials” - 04/06/10
- “LEAN Supply Chain Management” - 03/23/10
- “Harnessing the Power of Social Media” - 03/16/10
- “Nonprofit Leadership: Making a Difference by Serving Others” - 03/02/10
- “The New World of Higher Education” - 02/16/10
The Journey from College Student to CEO
Cynthia Graff will talk about her personal journey of wellness, leadership, and becoming a successful business owner. She will share her experiences starting entrepreneurial ventures and what it takes to make any venture successful.
6:00 PM - Welcome
6:30 PM - Presentation
7:30 PM - Reception
Cynthia Stamper Graff '75
2010 Distinguished Alumna
President and CEO of Lindora, Inc.
A nationally recognized expert in weight management, Cynthia Stamper Graff is President and CEO of Lindora, Inc., the largest multi-site medical weight control system in the U.S. Working Woman magazine ranked Lindora among the "Top 500 Women Owned Businesses in America" for three consecutive years. Cynthia also established the Lean for Life Foundation, which promotes obesity research and educational programs.
A member of the Founding Fifty Women's Philanthropy Fund of United Way, Cynthia serves as an advisory board member of the Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine. An Orange County Business Journal Women in Business Award winner, Cynthia is also member of the Young Presidents Organization and Adaptive Business Leaders.
As an alumna, she currently serving as the Ukleja Center for Ethical Leadership’s William Dickson Leader-in-Residence and was named the CBA Distinguished Alumna for 2010. Cynthia has served as a Woman in Philanthropy board member and has sponsored grants to dietician program students.Cynthia Stamper Graff feels blessed to be a part of a large family, with her father, two brothers and brother-in-law all working at Lindora. Her hobbies are golf, reading, and psycho-neuro immunology (understanding the mind/body connection).
Location Details: The Pointe Conference Center
The Pointe is located in the base of the Walter Pyramid on Merriam Way on the beautiful California State University, Long Beach campus. Directions to The Pointe
Visitors to the campus must purchase a parking permit at the yellow kiosk located in Lot 13 on Merriam Way for $5.00. Campus Map
Please park in Lot 13 or the multistory parking structure adjacent to the Walter Pyramid.
Please note: Your permit cannot be used for parking spots that are metered.