Past Spring 2011 Events
Fall 2010 Events
- “Inside City Management: A Discussion of the Structure and Practice of Long Beach City Management” - 12/02/10
Rescheduled“The Journey from College Student to CEO” - 11/18/10
- “Veterans in Business: Challenges and Victories” - 11/04/10
- “Remembering Coach John Wooden” - 10/28/10
- “The Business of CSULB Athletics: a Panel Discussion” - 10/14/10
- “Seeking Opportunities in Uncertain Markets” - 10/07/10
- “Overcoming Adversity: The Power of Positivity” - 09/16/10
Spring 2010 Events
- “Negotiating Across Cultures” - 04/27/10
- “Branding 101” - 04/13/10
- “Managing the Millennials” - 04/06/10
- “LEAN Supply Chain Management” - 03/23/10
- “Harnessing the Power of Social Media” - 03/16/10
- “Nonprofit Leadership: Making a Difference by Serving Others” - 03/02/10
- “The New World of Higher Education” - 02/16/10
Past Event - Feb. 16, 2010
The New World of Higher Education
Dr. F. King Alexander
The inaugural speaker will be Dr. F. King Alexander on “The New World of Higher Education”. Dr. F. King Alexander was named the 6th President of California State University, Long Beach in November 2005 after serving as the President of Murray State University in Kentucky from 2001-2005. California State University, Long Beach is the nation’s 24th largest university and is recognized as a “University of Choice” among students throughout California and the western United States.
Dr. Alexander is a well-respected national expert in domestic and international higher education finance and public policy. During the last decade, Dr. Alexander has been a tireless advocate of public higher education and has played a national role in the development of federal legislation that expands higher education access while also promoting enhanced affordability and accountability for all families. Dr. Alexander was selected to testify to the U. S. Congress and the House of Representatives Subcommittee on Education and the Workforce on the issue of student tuition and college affordability during a series of national hearings regarding the Reauthorization of the High Education Act. On numerous occasions, Dr. Alexander has been asked to represent all public colleges and universities to the U. S. Congress and other legislative bodies on matters of public education policy.
College of Business Administration
California State University, Long Beach
Room CBA 139A
1250 Bellflower Blvd., MS - 8501
Long Beach, California 90840-8306
Visitors to the campus must purchase a parking permit at a yellow kiosk for $5.00.
There is a yellow kiosk located in Lot 15 adjacent to the CBA building.
Please park in the multistory parking structure adjacent to the College of Business Administration building on Merriam Way. Campus Map.
NOTE: After purchasing your permit, you may park in the spaces marked "Employees Only" in Lot 15 after 6:00 p.m.