The basis for having the ability to address the challenges of tomorrow's complex business environment is a solid set of analytic skills. The Saturday MBA Program at CSULB provides students with this skill set while paying extra attention to the fundamentals of business: accounting, finance, management, and marketing. A comprehensive understanding of these critical areas allows students to feel confident when making any business decision, knowing they have thoroughly examined the issues from multiple perspectives. The Saturday MBA Program also benefits from CSULB's 45-year tradition of delivering high-quality MBA programs.
Listen to what Catherine and Eric, two of our alumni Saturday MBA's, have to say about their experiences in the Program!
The program's course structure is built on the premise that an integrated analytical perspective of all business disciplines is needed in order to be successful. Our faculty work together to address broad topics in an unprecedented manner, with each instructor bringing unique expertise to the learning experience that minimizes repetition from one discipline to another while reinforcing the synergies among the functional areas of an organization.
In the first portion of the program, participants will learn and reinforce key functional concepts and develop critical thinking skills through a set of discipline-based courses. The advanced courses allow for a more in-depth analysis of different topics that broaden the students' perspective of the nature of general management. Participants proceed through the Saturday MBA program as a cohort with organized teams for both study and project purposes.
Courses meet once a week on Saturdays and are scheduled based on a 10-week term. Students attend one course in the morning and one in the afternoon. By taking two courses at a time, the entire 48-unit program will be completed in 23 months.
Special Features and Benefits:
- AACSB accreditation
- Advanced courses provide in-depth study of select topics
- 23-month accelerated MBA
- Weekend residential orientation in Downtown Long Beach
- One-week, 3-unit international experience during the second year
- Meals, textbooks, and course materials included
- Courses taught by faculty with years of academic and professional business experience
- A CSULB career planning and development professional works exclusively with MBA students
- Students network with other working professionals and executives in a team learning environment
- The on-campus Student Recreation & Wellness Center is available for an additional monthly fee.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and supervisors who need an accredited MBA to move up in their organization
- Engineers and scientists seeking graduate business education to complement their technical skills
- Entrepreneurs who want a complete foundation in functional management issues
- Professionals who see the need to solve organization-wide problems
- Managers who wish to demonstrate that they are prepared for more challenging assignments
- Working professionals who want to earn an accredited MBA without giving up their career
Program Admission Requirements:
- Minimum three years' work experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Competitive GMAT or GRE test score and grade point average (80% GMAT and
- GRE range is 560 to 630; 80% GPA range is 2.85 to 3.6)
- Complete application including letters of recommendation, transcripts, and required essays
Fall 2012 Cohort Profile
- Total students enrolled - 22
- Average work experience: 11 years
- Average GPA - 3.2
- Average GMAT score - 540
- Average age - 33 years
New Saturday MBA cohorts begin every fall semester. Applications are being accepted until the cohort has filled to capacity with qualified candidates. In order to ensure your position in the 2014 cohort, start the process today.
Saturday MBA is closer than you think! Check out just how close with our distance calculator!
Download a Saturday MBA Program brochure.