The minimum requirements for our program are listed below. PLEASE NOTE: Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
- GPA minimum requirement for graduate admissions is 2.75 (80% GPA range is 2.85 to 3.6). This Program averages a 3.3 GPA in our incoming student profile.
- Your GPA is determined by the cumulative GPA of your undergraduate study.
- The university requirement for the TOEFL score is 550 paper-based, 213 CBT, or 80 IBT.
- The TOEFL or the IELTS (minimum score of 6.5 for the IELTS) is required for all applicants with a non-U.S. degree.
- The institutional TOEFL is not accepted.
- We accept one of the following tests for admission:
- A competitive GMAT test score (80% GMAT range is 560 to 630). (School Code is 364-M9-69),
- or a competitive GRE test score (average 156 in Verbal Reasoning and 146 in the Quantitative Reasoning). Students must send their scores to a designated institution DI: 8848
- Applicants MUSTshow a good balance between the quantitative and verbal sections with percentiles at or above 20% in each section in order to be considered for admission.
- PLEASE NOTE: GMAT School Code is 364-M9-69; GRE is DI: 8848 or indicate CSULB. We no longer receive hard copy test scores. It is the student's responsibility to email official GMAT or GRE scores to the MBA Program office. Failure to do so will delay your application evaluation.
- The analytical writing score on the exam should be at or above a 4.0. The score is evaluated in comparison to the strength of the entire application.
There are no prerequisites prior to enrolling for the MBA Program. Students with a bachelor's degree in business whose coursework is no more than 3 years old from an AACSB accredited university, and whose grades in those courses are at least a 'B' may be able to waive the first year core requirements. If the grade was an 'A' the course can be 4 years old. A four year U.S bachelor's degree or equivalent is required for admission into the MBA program.
A three year international degree is reviewed on a case by case basis by the Office of International Admissions upon applying for the Program.
Who should use the domestic application procedure?
U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have their bachelor's degree from a U.S. accredited university should follow the domestic application procedure.
Who should use the international application procedure?
Anyone with a bachelor's degree from a foreign university, or any foreign student should follow the international application procedure.