Long Beach Small Business Monitor
CBA Long Beach Small Business Monitor consists of periodic surveys of small business owners, managers and supervisors. The purpose is to provide the community with an understanding of the expectations, attitudes and desires of Long Beach small businesses.
The surveys are based on scientifically constructed telephone and Internet surveys among a randomly selected sample of small businesses in Long Beach. Results are offered to the community through quarterly newsletters and in-person presentations.
2Q/2014 Long Beach Small Business Monitor
Long Beach Small Business Less Concerned About Effects of Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obamacare How are Long Beach Small Businesses responding to the Affordable Care Act? Our recent survey shows a large majority are much less distressed about the effect of the ACA on their business than their national counterparts (see table below). In our January survey, 65% of Long Beach Small Business owners said the ACA would have no impact at all on their business (click on the link below for more).
Do you feel the Affordable Care Act (ACA) also known as Obamacare will be good or bad for your small business, or will it have no impact?
Community & Group Presentations
Click on the link to get more information about the LB Small Business Monitor.
You may also contact us to schedule a personalized presentation for your community or business group by a CSULB Business Professor.
- 2014 Q1 Report - 2014 Small Business Expectations Index
- December 2013: In the December 2013 Monitor Long Beach small business owners and managers tell us whether this is a good time to open a small business in Long Beach
- Summer 2013: Small Business Ratings of Local Government Job Performance
- Spring 2013: Small Business Expectations for 2013
- Spring 2012: Small Business Expectations for 2012
- Summer 2012: Small Business Rates Local Government
- Winter 2013: Small Business Performance in 2012