Long Beach Small Business Monitor
CBA Long Beach Small Business Monitor consists of periodic surveys of small business owners, managers and supervisors. The purpose is to provide the community with an understanding of the expectations, attitudes and desires of Long Beach small businesses.
The surveys are based on scientifically constructed telephone and Internet surveys among a randomly selected sample of small businesses in Long Beach. Results are offered to the community through quarterly newsletters and in-person presentations.
Community & Group Presentations
Click on the link to get more information about the LB Small Business Monitor.
You may also contact us to schedule a personalized presentation for your community or business group by a CSULB Business Professor.
3Q/2014 Long Beach Small Business Monitor
Long Beach Small Business Struggles with Online Marketing
Almost all (97%) of California consumers go online first to check out products and services offered by small business before heading in to stores according to a recent study. To meet the needs of today’s consumers, small businesses must be online and have an integrated Internet, social media and mobile presence.
However, many Long Beach small businesses lack the time and financial resources to manage a professional digital marketing presence. 75% create and maintain their Internet presence by themselves, solicit an acquaintance or family member to do it, or assign an employee to manage it part-time. Just 25% hire professionals to develop and maintain a firm’s digital marketing. (Click on the link for more on this topic)
Who’s Responsible for Creating and Managing
Your Business’ Digital Media?
What is the Most Significant Barrier that Prevents Your Business From Expanding Digital Media and Marketing?
- Don't have a lot capital to spend.
- Our expertise internally and the time to do it.
- You need marketing dollars just for this.
- Time - it takes up a lot of time to get through all the barriers and to advertise the site.
- Money and know how. Knowledge of how to get online presence accomplished.
- Q2 2014 Report - Long Beach Small Business and the Affordable Care Act.
- Q1 2014 Report - Small Business Expectations Index
- December 2013: In the December 2013 Monitor Long Beach small business owners and managers tell us whether this is a good time to open a small business in Long Beach
- Summer 2013: Small Business Ratings of Local Government Job Performance
- Spring 2013: Small Business Expectations for 2013
- Spring 2012: Small Business Expectations for 2012
- Summer 2012: Small Business Rates Local Government
- Winter 2013: Small Business Performance in 2012