Kukalis' research covered a range of areas, including strategic management, mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance, agglomerations economies, and strategic decision processes. His published research has appeared in the leading journals in the field including Administrative Science Quarterly, Journal of Management, Journal of Management Studies, OMEGA-International Journal of Management Science, and Long Range Planning. He consulted for many organizations including UPS, General Mills, Rockwell International, and McDonald Douglas, among others. He has been quoted in Newspapers and Magazines, including the Wall Street Journal.
Teaching Interests: Currently, his teaching interests include Stratetic Management, Industry and Competetic Analysis, Corporate Governance, leadership, project management, and international business.
Research Interests: Kukalis' research covers a range of areas, including strategic management, mergers & acquisitions, corporate goverance, agglomerations economies, and strategic decision processes.
- Ph D, University of Arizona, 1986
Major: Strategic Management
- MBA, The American University, 1978
- BS, The American College, 1975
- Professor, California State University, Long Beach (1993 - Present)
- Associate Professor, California State University, Long Beach (1986 - 1993)
- Teaching Assistant, University of Arizona, Tucson (1983 - 1986)
- Research Assistant, University of Arizona, Tucson (1982 - 1983)
- Lecturer, Birzeit University (1979 - 1979)
Research and Scholarly ActivitiesJournal Article, Academic Journal
- "Agglomeration Economies and Firm Performance: The Case of Industry Clusters" (2010), Journal of Management.
- "Survey of Recent Developments in Strategic Management: Implications for Practitioners" (2009), International Journal of Management.
- "Corporate Strategy and Company Performance: The Case of Post-Merger Performance" (2007), The International Journal of Finance.
- "The Impact of Structural Changes in Leisure Time on the Perceptions of Recreational Activities: A United States Survey" (2006), International Journal of Management.
- "Post-Merger Performance: Do Market-Based Performance Measures Hold for Operating-Based Performance Measures? A New Investigation" (2009), Proceedings of the Western Sciences Institute.
- "Strategies for Improving Effectiveness of HOV Lanes (Carpooling)" (2008), Presented at Western Decision Sciences Institute.
- "Could Drivers' Behavior Change: Implications for High Occupancy Vehicles (HOV) Lanes" (2007), Proceedings of the Western Decision Sciences Institute, 2008.
- "Impact of External Environment on Organizational Structure" (2006), Proceedings of the Western Decision Sciences Institute.
- "The Effect of Geographic Location on Firm Performance: The Case of Industry Clusters" (2003), Academy of Management.
- Academy of Management, "The Effect of Geographic Location on Firm Performance: The Case of Industry Clusters ," Academy of Management, Seattle, WA (August , 2003)