Dr. Chi received his BS degree in Management Science from National JiaoTung University in Taiwan and his MS degree in Management Information Systems at University of Wisconsin-Madison. He received his Ph.D. degree in Information Systems from University of Texas-Austin. Dr. Chi has served on numerous advisory boards, is a frequent speaker in the US and abroad, has published many research articles in academic journals. He is the founder and Chief Editor of Journal of Electronic Commerce Research which was rank #4 in quality by more than 400 scholars worldwide in 2002. He is also the founder of Journal of Service Science.
Teaching Interests: E-commerce, Information Technologies, business Case Studies, Database Applications.
Research Interests: Data Mining, Electronic Commerce, Information Systems Management
- Ph D, University of Texas, Austin, 1991
Major: Information Systems
- MS, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1987
Major: Information Systems Analysis and Design
- BS, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, 1982
Major: Management Science
- MIS Director, Cybernet Consulting ( - Present)
- Associate Dean for Acceditation (Acting), California State University, Long Beach (2011 - Present)
- Professor, Department of Information Systems, California State University, Long Beach (1994 - Present)
- Chair, Department of Information Stystem, California State University, Long Beach (2003 - 2009)
- Associate Professor, California State University, Long Beach (1991 - 1994)
- Assistant Instructor, University of Texas, Austin (1990 - 1991)
- Laboratory Proctor, University of Texas, Austin (1988 - 1990)
- Instructor, Purdue University (1987 - 1988)
- Product Engineer, Acer Computer Corp (1984 - 1985)
Research and Scholarly ActivitiesJournal Article, Academic Journal
- "Informatization and theh Industrial Upgrading in China" (2012), Service Science.
- "Developing A Multi-Agent Automated Negotiation Service Based on Service-Oriented Architecture" (2009), Service Science.
- "The Application of SOM as a Decision Support Tool to Identify AACSB Peer Schools" (2009), Decision Support Systems.
- "Do Reverse Stock Splits Indicate Future Poor Stock Performance? " (2009), Expert Systems with Applications.
- "Evaluating Mid-Level ERP Software" (2004), The Journal of Computer Information Systems .
- "HOI POLLOI COMPUTING-A CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK" (2012), Western Decision Sciences Institute.
- Bank Bankruptcy prediction-An Integrated Data Mining Application (2010), International Conference on Global Issues in Business & Technology.
- "Predicting the Changes in the Dow Jones Industrial Aveage Components" (2010), Proeedings of MTMI-NIT International Conference on Global Issues in Business and Technology.
- "Cargo Security Early Warning System - The Application of Neural Networks to Detect Cargoes with Potential Security Fraud" (2008), Proceedings of the 8th International Conference for Electronic Business (ICEB 2008).
- "A New Taxonomy for Products/Services Marketed on Internet" (2008), The Second China Summer Workshop on Information Management, Sichuan, China.
- "Selecting the Right Peer Schools for AACSB Accreditation- A Data Mining Application" (2007), Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining.
- "Impact of FASB Qualitative Characteristics on the Promulgation of Statements of Financial Accounting Standards" (2006), 2006 Proceedings of 12th Americas Conference on Information Systems.
- "Selecting the Right MBA Programs--An Application of Self-Organizing Map Networks" (2006), 2006 Proceedings of 12th Americas Conference on Information Systems.
- "Critical Success Factors For Selecting Hosted Accounting Systems" (2006), Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Supply Chain Management and Information Systems.
- "Choosing the Right MBA Schools: An Application of Self-Organizing Map Networks" (2006), 2006 Hong Kong INFORMS International.
- "The Effect of Sample Size on the Extended Self Organizing Map Network for Market Segmentation" (2005), Proceedings of the 38th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences .
- "Selecting the Best Value Master of Business Administration Program" (2005), Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on Education.
- "Understand User Preference of Online Shoppers" (2004), Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE International Conference on e-Technology, e-Commerce and e-Services.
- "The Application of an Extended Self Organizing Map Networks to Market Segmentation- The AT& T Example" (2003), Proceedings of the 7th International Conference of Decision Sciences Institute(DSI).
- MBA Revitalization Conference, "Board Based Skill Application: Value Chain Management," CBA - MBA , CSULB (February 5, 2010)
- INFORMS International, "Selecting the Right Peer Schools for AACSB Accreditation," , Hong Kong, China (June , 2006)
- INFORMS International, "SME's and Hosted Accounting Systems: Factors for Successful Selection," , Hong Kong, China (June , 2006)