Prior to joining CSU-Long Beach, Professor Sinha was a faculty at Chapman University. He has published high impact and seminal research papers in elite and high-quality accounting, finance and economics journals. Recently, his research paper was awarded the Outstanding Research Paper Award at a leading conference.
Teaching Interests: Financial Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Management Accounting.
Research Interests: Capital markets; Regulation; Corporate Governance; Econometric Modeling. Auditor Conflict of Interest, Earnings Management, Analysts Forecasts.
- Ph D, Carnegie Mellon University., 1992
Major: Accounting and Policy Analysis
- M. Phil, Carnegie Mellon University., 1991
- MA, Lucknow University, 1981
- BA, Lucknow University, 1979
- Full Professor, California State University, Long Beach (2009 - Present)
- Associate Professor of Accounting, Argyros School of Business & Economics, Chapman University, Orange, CA (2004 - 2009)
- Associate Professor of Accounting, School of Management, University of Michigan at Flint, Flint, Michigan (2003 - 2004)
- Associate Professor of Accounting, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (1999 - 2003)
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, College of Business Administration, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio (1997 - 1999)
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, School of Management, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York (1992 - 1996)
Research and Scholarly ActivitiesJournal Article, Academic Journal
- "Auditor Independence: A Non-Parametric Test of Differences Across the Big-5 Public Accounting Firms" (2013), Accounting Perspectives.
- "Additional Evidence on Analysts' Decision to Issue Disaggregated Earnings Forecasts: Strategic Biasing" (2012), Abacus.
- "The Efficacy of Regulation Fair Disclosure" (2010), The Financial Review.
- "An Econometric Analysis of Skewed Productivity Outcomes" (2010), Empirical Economics.
- "An Examination of Tax Audit Productivity" (2007), Journal of State Taxation.
- "Valuation and Initial Return of Initial Public Offerings: Role of Discretionary Accounting Accruals" (2013), 2013 European Financial Management Association .
- "Auditor Independence and the Likelihood of a GAAP Violation" (2009), 40th Decision Science Institute Conference.
- "Analyst's Forecasts in 'Good News' and 'Bad News' Environments: Evidence of Differential Timing of Information Arrival (2008), Western Decision Sciences Conference.
- "Are Pre-IPO Accruals Informative of IPO Initial Returns?" (2008), Western Decision Sciences Institute.
- "Do Financial Analysts' Respond to Regulatory Events? Evidence from the Tax Reform Act" (2008), Western Decision Sciences Conference.
- "The Impact of Mergers and Acquisitions on Earnings Predictability" (2008), Western Decision Sciences Institute Conference.
- "The Impact of Strategic Alliances on Information Environment" (2008), Western Decision Sciences Institute Conference.
- Do Financial Analysts Dance to Management’s Tone? (2012), WDSI.
- "Auditor Independence and the Likelihood of a GAAP Violation." Received the Best Theoretical/Empirical Research Paper Award at the conference. (2009), Western Decision Science Institute.
- CBA Research Colloquia, "Non," CBA, CBA 204 (September 24, 2013)
- CBA Research Colloquia, "Valuation and Underpricing of IPO; Role of Discretionary Accounting Accurals," CBA, CBA 204 (September 29, 2011)
- 38th Western Decision Science Institute Conference , "Change in Earnings Quality after ERP Implementation," , Kauai, HI (April 11, 2009)
- 2009 Joint CAR/JCAE Symposium, "Evidence of Differential Property of Analyst's Earnings Forecast-Variance in Good-News and Bad-News Environments and its Usefulness," , Hong Kong (January 3, 2009)