Associate Professor of Accountancy. I have published in journals such as Journal of Accounting Literature; Internal Auditor; Oil, Gas and Energy Quaterly; and International Journal of Services and Standards. I have also contributed to a book chapter in "Budgeting Basics and Beyond", Third Edition.
Teaching Interests: Cost Accounting; Managerial Accounting; Financial Accounting
Research Interests: Information processing and decision-making in management accounting; Managers' performance evaluation and compensation; IFRS and GAAP comparison; Communication skills
- Ph D, University of California, Irvine, 2003
- MS, Central University of Banking and Finance, 1994
- BS, Beijing Institute of Technology, 1993
Major: International Trade
- Associate Professor, Californnia State University, Long Beach (2010 - Present)
- Assistant Professor, California State University, Long Beach (2006 - 2010)
- Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Pan American (2003 - 2006)
- Lecturer, University of California at Irvine (2000 - 2000)
- Lecturer, University of California at Irvine (1998 - 1998)
- Lecturer, University of California at Irvine (1997 - 1997)
Research and Scholarly ActivitiesJournal Article, Academic Journal
- "The Effect of Experience on Perceived Communications Skills: Comparisons Between Accounting Professionals and Students" (2013), Advances in Accounting Education.
- "Failure to Communicate: Why Accounting Students Don't Measure Up to Professionals Expectations" (2010), The CPA Journal.
- "Determinants of Job Satisfaction and Retention of Mexican-American Accounting Professionals" (2007), Journal of Business and Economics Research.
- "Internal Auditor's Perceptions of the Effectiveness of Red Flags to Detect Fraudulent Financial Reporting" (2006), Journal of Accounting, Ethics and Public Policy.
- "Perceived Effectiveness of SAS No. 99 Red Flags: A Comparison Between External and Internal Auditors" (2006), Oil, Gas and Energy Quarterly.
- "Performance Assessment of Functional Managers in the High Technology Sector" (2006), The International Journal of Services and Standards, 2006.
- "Raise the Red Flag" (2005), Internal Auditor, 2005.
- "Comparison Between Traditional and New Media in Business Communication - A Survey of Business Major Students" (2013), Western Decision Science Institute Meeting.
- Executive Compensation and the Impact of SEC Disclosure Requirements (2010), Decision Sciences Institute (DSI).
- "Attitude Toward Communications Skills: The Comparison Between Accounting Students and Professionals" (2009), Decision Sciences Institute Annual Meeting .
- "Continuous Auditing in Internal Audit Procedures: A Survey and Discussion" (2007), American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences.
- "Impact of Electronic Commerce and Regulatory Environment on the Designing of Continuous Auditing Systems" (2007), The Sixth Wuhan Conference on E-Business.
- "Web Disclosures of Ethics Coverage by Universities" (2006), South West Decision Sciences Institute Annual Meeting.
- "Internal Auditor's Perceptions of the Effectiveness of Red Flags - A Research Note" (2005), SW Regional AAA Meeting.
- "Perceived Effectiveness in Red Flags - A Comparison between Internal and External Auditors" (2005), ACME International Conference, San Diego, CA.
- "University Demographics and Ethics Coverage" (2005), ACME International Conference, San Diego, CA.
- "The Effect of a Rule-based Decision Aid and Problem-Solving Ability on Relevant Cost Utilization" (2004), ACME International Conference.
- "Inventory Valuation Under IFRS and GAAP" (2012), .
- "Detecting Earnings Management Based on the Quality of Total Accruals" (2009), The International Journal of Services and Standards.
- Chapter 24 - "Budgeting for Nonprofit Organizations: Diverse Types" in "Budgeting Basics & Beyond" (2008), .
- Western Decision Science Institute 2013 Annual Meeting, "COMPARISON BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND NEW MEDIA IN BUSINESS COMMUNICATION – A SURVEY OF BUSINESS MAJOR STUDENTS," DSI, Long Beach ( , )
- Western AAA 2010 Annual Meeting, "Experience Effect on the Communication Skills: The Perception Gap Between Accounting Students and Professionals," AAA, Portland, Oregon (April , 2010)
- Western AAA 2010 Annual Meeting, "The Impact of 2006 SEC Executive Compensation Disclosure Requirements On Pay-for-Performance Relationship," AAA, Portland, Oregon (April , 2010)
- MBA Revitalization Conference, "Board Based Skill Application: Value Chain Management," CBA - MBA , CSULB (February 5, 2010)