- Ph D, Texas Tech University, 2001
- MBA, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, 1993
Major: International Business
- BS, East China Institute of Technology, 1991
Major: Automatic Control and System Engineering
- Associate Professor, California State University, Long Beach (2008 - Present)
- Assistant Professor, California State University, Long Beach (2001 - 2007)
- Teaching Assistant, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas (1997 - 2001)
Research and Scholarly ActivitiesJournal Article, Academic Journal
- An Empirical Examination of the Interactive Effects of Goal Orientation, Participative Leadership and Task Conflict on Innovation in Small Business (2011), .
- "The Impact of Entrepreneurial Personality Traits on Perception of New Venture Opportunity" (2010), New England Journal of Entrepreneurship.
- "The Effect of Confucian Values on Succession in Family Business" (2006), Family Business Review.
- "Individual Value Structure and Diversity Attitudes: The Moderating Effects of Age, Gender, Race and Religiosity" (2005), Journal of Managerial Psychology.
- "Cross Cultural Perspective on Perceived Leadership Effectiveness" (2005), "International Journal of Cross Cultural Management".
- "Socioeconomic Institutions, Social Capital, and Entrepreneurship: Are They Similar between East and West" (2004), The Journal of East-West Business.
- "The Influence of Confucian Ideology on Conflict in Chinese Family Business" (2004), International Journal of Cross Cultural Management.
- "Collective Entrepreneurship In Family Firms: The Influence of Leader Attitudes and Behaviors" (2003), New England Journal of Entrepreneurship.
- "An Empirical Examination of the Impact of Goal Orientation and Participative Leadership on the Relationship between Task Conflict and Innovation for Small Business" (2009), Proceedings of 2009 Annual SMA Meeting.
- "An Empirical Examination of Leadership Imperative and Collective Entrepreneurship in Small Businesses: Does Leadership Always Help?" (2008), 2008 Annual SMA Meeting.
- "An Empirical Examination of Factors Influencing Innovations in Small Chinese Manufacturing Firms" (2007), Academy of Management Annual Conference.
- "Leadership and Innovation in Small Chinese Businesses" (2006), Academy of Management Annual Conference.
- "Leadership, Collaboration and Innovation in Small Business: A Mediating Model" (2005), Annual Meeting of Southern Management Association.
- "The Effects of Individual Value Structure on Cultural Diversity Attitudes: An Exploratory Study" (2003), Annual Meeting of Southern Management Association.
- Academy of Management Annual Conference, "A Cross Cultural Perspective of Transformational Leadership," Academy of Management, Seattle, WA (August , 2003)