* Outstanding Paper Award for a Financial Management article, 1982. * 1982-1983 Scholarly and Creative Achievement Award. * Nominated for Outstanding Professor Award, 1991. * 40 articles published in referred journals. * Author for 50 business books and 30 translated into foreign languages. * MBA and Ph.D. degrees from UC Berkeley (Haas). * Consultant to e-learning, m-learning, commercial and NPOs. For details, visit Dr. Shim's personal Website link.
Teaching Interests: Cost Management, Financial Statement Analysis, Management Accounting, Financial Modeling and Budgeting, Financial Reporting
Research Interests: Financial Forecasting and Modeling, Simulation and Risk Analysis, Cost Management
- Ph D, University of California at Berkeley, 1973
Major: Operations Research
- MBA, University of California at Berkeley, 1968
Major: Managerial Economics
- BS, Seoul National University, 1965
- Professor, California State University, Long Beach (1981 - Present)
- FERP - FALL (GONE IN SPRING), California State University, Long Beach (2008 - 2012)
- Visiting Professor, City University of New York (1979 - 1981)
- Associate Professor, Queens College of City University of New York (1973 - 1981)
Research and Scholarly ActivitiesBook, Non-Scholarly-Revised
- 2010-2011 Corporate Controller' Handbook of Financial Management (2010), CCH.
- Barron's Accounting Handbook (2010), Barron's.
- Dictionary of Accounting Terms (2010), Barron's.
- Modern Cost Management and Analysis (2009), Barron.
- The Vest-Pocket CFO (2008), Wiley.
- The Vest-Pocket CPA (2008), Wiley.
- Financial Management (3rd Edition) (2007), McGraw-Hill.
- Handbook of Financial Analysis, Forecasting and Modeling (3rd edition) (CCH) (2007), CCH.
- Dictionary of Business Terms (2006), Thomson.
- The Vest Pocket MBA (2005), Penguin Portfolio.
- The Vest-Pocket Guide to Information Technology (2005), Wiley.
- U.S. Master Finance Guide (2005), CCH.
- GAAP 2011: Handbook of Policies and Procedures (2010), CCH.
- Analysis and Uses of Financial Statements (2009), Global Professional.
- Budgeting Basics and Beyond (2009), Wiley.
- Business Forecasting: Tools and Applications (2008), Global Pub.
- Handbook of Financial Planning: An Expert's Guide (South Western) (2004), Southwestern.
- Cost-Volume-Revenue Analysis for NonProfit Organizations (2006), Accountants Handbook, Wiley.