Since receiving his PhD, Professsor Hunt has published 26 articles in academic and professional journals and has made 25 paper presentations at professional conferences in the U.S. and abroad. Based on citations of his works by others, in 1996 he was named in a top accounting research journal as one of the "123 most influential accounting researchers".
Teaching Interests: Financial accounting, Financial statement analysis, Federal income taxation, Environmental accounting, Management accounting.
Research Interests: Retirement security, Executive compensation, Auditor conflict of interest, earnings management, Off-balance sheet financing, Financial analyst behavior, Environmental accounting.
- Ph D, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1982
- MBA, University of Vermont, 1978
- BA, University of Vermont, 1974
- Professor, California State University, Long Beach (2002 - Present)
- Professor, The University of Vermont (1995 - 2002)
- Associate Professor, The University of Vermont (1990 - 1995)
- Assistant Professor, The University of Vermont (1987 - 1990)
- Assistant Professor, The Pennsylvania State University (1982 - 1987)
- Lecturer, University of Colorado, Denver (1981 - 1982)
- Part Time Instructor, The University of Colorado, Boulder and Denver (1978 - 1981)
- Subject Instructor, The Economics Institute, Boulder, Colorado (1981 - 1981)
- Instructor, The University of Vermont (1978 - 1978)
Research and Scholarly ActivitiesJournal Article, Academic Journal
- "Additional Evidence on Analysts' Decision to Issue Disaggregated Earnings Forecasts: Strategic Biasing" (2012), Abacus.
- "A Right to Retirement Security in the United States? How Public Policy Fails American Workers" (2010), Labor Law Journal.
- "Pension Reform in the United States: Lessons from the Italian Experience" (2008), Labor Law Journal 59.
- "Financial Analysts' Views of the Value of Environmental Information" (2004), Advances in Environmental Accounting and Management.
- How Many Times Forecasted Earnings Should the Firm be Traded At? An Examination of Financial Analysis' Use of P/E Rations (2011), Proceedings of the 2011 American Accounting Association Western Regional Meeting.
- "Accounting for Pension Security: A Comparison of Retirement Systems in the U.S. and Italy" (2008), American Accounting Association.
- "The Potential Link Between Corporate Environmental and Financial Performance: Empirical Evidence" (2005), American Accounting Association Western Regional Meeting.
- "The Linkage Between Corporate Environmental and Financial Performance: A Review of the Literature" (2003), Annual Meeting of the American Accounting Association.
- Sixth Annual Critical Management Studies Conference, "Retirement Security in the United States: Pension Systems, Fiscal Crisis and Discourses of Accountability," Critical Management Studies, University of Warwick, U.K (July , 2009)