Dean’s Update, January 24, 2012
Last week, Facilities put electrical outlets along the desks in the tiered classroom CBA 214. In this day and age of laptops, tablets, etc., there just aren’t enough outlets in our classrooms. This upgrade will be a big benefit for our Saturday MBA cohort whose home base is CBA 214.
Check out the ABSOC room, CBA 241! Last week, ABSOC President Andrew Moss, Vice President for Public Relations-Internal Kaylee Gialketsis, and members of the Hispanic Students Business Association spent four days refreshing the ABSOC room. They took out the cubicle dividers, desks, filing cabinets, and furniture so that Facilities could clean years of dirt from the room. Then they touched up areas with fresh paint and re-installed the dividers in a way that has provided more open space and a more inviting common area. They were also able to discard old things dating back to the 1990s. The students worked very hard and deserve our thanks. Stop by and see the improved environment!
In This Issue
- International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition Strong in 2012
- Ukleja Center and Long Beach Chamber to Feature Pat Haden at Leading the Ethical Organization Seminar on March 29
- CBA Accreditation Team Attends AACSB Seminars
- Accountancy Faculty Visit Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt
- Finance Department Hires New Tenure Track Faculty Member
- Global Investment Research Challenge Organized by Chartered Financial Analyst Institute
- Art Levine Honored by the Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel
- Enrollment Update
- SCPD Mentor Event Update
- Building Improvements