Dean’s Update, January 24, 2012
Finance Department Hires New Tenure Track Faculty Member
After conducting an intensive search during the Fall Semester by the Finance Department Recruiting Committee that involved over 100 applications, 30 interviews at the Financial Management Association annual meeting, and 4 on-campus visits, I am pleased to announce that Wikrom Prombutr has accepted our offer to join the CBA faculty in Fall 2012 as an Assistant Professor of Finance.
Wikrom received his Ph.D. at the University of Texas at Arlington in May 2008 and has been on the faculty of the University of North Carolina at Pembroke since then, teaching Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, Business Finance, and International Finance. Wikrom has also co-authored two papers in the Journal of Financial Research and one in the Financial Review. He also has eight working papers in various stages of completion.
In This Issue
- International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition Strong in 2012
- Ukleja Center and Long Beach Chamber to Feature Pat Haden at Leading the Ethical Organization Seminar on March 29
- CBA Accreditation Team Attends AACSB Seminars
- Accountancy Faculty Visit Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt
- Finance Department Hires New Tenure Track Faculty Member
- Global Investment Research Challenge Organized by Chartered Financial Analyst Institute
- Art Levine Honored by the Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel
- Enrollment Update
- SCPD Mentor Event Update
- Building Improvements