Dean’s Update, December 16, 2011
The Associated Business Students Organization Council (ABSOC) held its annual fall retreat on September 2, 2011, drawing 60 students from the various CBA organizations. Featured workshop speakers included alumnus Thushan Rajapaksa, Vice President of Operations at StaffPro, and Carol Elson Brown, Career Counselor.
Here is information about the fall semester events:
- International Business Association (IBA), Delta Sigma Pi (DSP) and Hispanic Students Business Association (HSBA) collaborated on an October 20th etiquette dinner featuring Enterprise recruiter Sherron Hawkins.
- AMA hosted corporate trainer and coach Jim Reed for presentations to multiple student groups Oct 24-29.
- Law Society presented a mock law school class on November 1st featuring Southwestern Law School Vice-Dean for Academic Affairs Austen Parrish.
- SAM’s Interview Summit drew 90 participants for mock interviews with recruiters from 9 companies on November 17.
- Black Business Association’s annual Sankofa program, held on December 1st , focused on entrepreneurship and featured four speakers including Donna Andrews, President, Lee Andrews Group, and Damon Dunn, Founder/Principle Owner, Tricor Corporation
In This Issue
- CBA Alumni & Friends Network Attends Men’s Basketball Game
- CBA Wins Chick-Fil-A Shootout at Basketball Game with BYU-Hawaii
- CBA Alumni & Friends Finishes a Strong 2011
- SCPD Passport to Success off to a Good Start
- ABSOC Update
- Ukleja Center Keeping Busy
- AASCB Update
- HRM Advisory Board Update
- Other Items in Brief