Dean's Update, December 20, 2013
Faculty Qualifications Task Force Ready to Work in Spring Semester
At its December 6 meeting, Faculty Council approved setting up at Faculty Qualifications Task Force (FQTF) that will address faculty AQ/PQ classifications based on new AACSB standards. Associate Dean Robert Chi provided two charges for the new task force: a) provide definitions for CBA for faculty classifications (Scholarly Academic, Practice Academic, Scholarly Practitioner, or Instructional Practitioner) that comply with the new AACSB standards, and b) develop implementable criteria to place faculty in SA, PA, SP, and IP categories.
Robert Chi will be an ex-officio member of the task force, and after discussion with department chairs, I have appointed the following members to the FQTF: Steve Fisher, Accountancy; Chanwit Phengpis, Finance; Lori Brown, Information Systems; David Abramis, Management/HRM (elected by the department); and Sam Min, Marketing.
According to the Faculty Council action, the FQTF should complete its charges by end of the spring 2014 semester.
In This Issue
- AACSB Report Sent to Peer Review Team
- Ukleja Center to feature PIMCO’s Mohamed El-Erian on February 27
- Faculty Qualifications Task Force Ready to Work in Spring Semester
- Ethics Across the Curriculum Winners Announced
- Master of Science Proposals Update
- Ethics at The Beach Student Seminar
- SMIF Students Take First Place
- SCPD and Molina Healthcare Internship Program Update
- Enrollment Update for Spring Semester 2014
- Fall 2013 CBA Classrooms Survey