Students interested in majoring in Business Administration should seek early academic advising from the CBA Student Success and Retention Program. Pre-Business Academic Support Services help students who have entered the university as a Pre-Business major or students who wish to switch their major to Pre-Business.
Meeting with Advisors
There are several points in your academic career where seeking academic advising can increase your chances of success.
- Mandatory First Year Advising
- Course Selections and General Education Planning
- Major Requirements Overview
- Academic Supports Services—Tutoring
- Career Exploration
- Academic Policy Interpretation
Important Advising Tips
- Your Key to Success (take the following courses)
- ECON 100 or ECON 101
- MATH 115
- A1 Written Communication
- A2 Oral Communications
- ACCT 201
- IS 233
- Success Tips
- Attend Classes
- Complete Homework Assignments
- Make use of Faculty office hours
- Meet with a Pre-Business Advisor
- Visit SCPD to learn about "The Passport to Success Program"
- Attend an ABSOC Organization Meeting or Event