Professional qualification requires a combination of original academic preparation (completion of master’s degree or higher) augmented by practical experience and maintained by continuing professional education. All full time and part time lecturers are expected to maintain professional qualification or “PQ”. To be regarded as “PQ”, a CBA faculty member must meet one of the following criteria:
- Received from an accredited program (or its substantive equivalent) the master’s degree appropriate to the instructor’s teaching area during the most recent five-year period.
- Received an appropriate master’s degree prior to the most recent five year period. In addition, to maintain his or her “PQ” status, the instructor must have practical work experience that is relevant to the teaching area, significant in duration and responsibility, and current at the time of hiring. Examples of activities for maintaining currency include the following:
- Active employment in a position related to his/her teaching area.
- Membership on corporate boards of directors.
- Delivery of executive education courses/seminars in his/her teaching area.
- Consulting engagements in his/her teaching area.
- Attendance in workshops (related to teaching area) at professional association meetings.
- Continuing professional education.
- Production of intellectual contributions (such as presenting papers at professional conferences).