The G2 Lab offers poster printing services at a nominal fee. Most of the posters the G2 Lab prints are academic scientific posters that are used in research presentations.
How to Create Your Poster
The following are general guidelines on creating an academic scientific poster.
Use these files as an example when creating your poster. While these templates are not required for all posters, they may generate some ideas as to how your poster should look.
Note: The G2 Lab uses MS PowerPoint 2016 (.pptx) for Windows and Adobe Acrobat Professional XI (v11).
CSULB BUILD Templates
The following poster templates are specific to the CSULB BUILD program:
- BUILD 2-Column Red 48" x 36" Poster Template (PPTX)
- BUILD 2-Column Teal 48" x 36" Poster Template (PPTX)
- BUILD 3-Column Red 48" x 36" Poster Template (PPTX)
- BUILD 3-Column Teal 48" x 36" Poster Template (PPTX)
Third-party templates are also available.
University of Texas at Austin has a great guide on poster design.
- One side needs to be either 36" or 42".
- Maximum poster size in PowerPoint is 56" by 42".
- Adjust the slide size accordingly before designing your poster.
- Maximum size in other programs varies, but one side will max out at 42".
- If poster is designed in a program other than PowerPoint, please convert it to PDF and check the file properties to confirm desired dimensions.
The following are the recommended minimum font sizes for each section of the poster:
|Poster Section||Font Size|
|Authors and origin||56pt|
*The title's font size will vary according to the length of the title.
- Images from the Web are almost always unsuitable for printing.
- The best file types are JPEG/JPG or PNG.
- When inserting graphs or charts, be sure to zoom in to check for undesired picture pixelation.
How to Print Your Poster
Please use the following steps when using the G2 Lab poster printing services.
Step 1: Preparation
Prepare your file with one of our poster templates (see "How to Create Your Poster" above), or use your own.
- One edge must be either 42" or 36".
- All posters will be printed in color.
- All posters will be printed at the size in which they are received.
- Have all payment methods arranged prior to submitting your poster to expedite file processing.
Step 2: Submission
Submit your file a minimum of 2 business days prior to when you need it.
PDF is the only file format we accept. File size must be < 25 MB.
- To save as PDF from PowerPoint:
- Mac: File > export > choose "pdf"
- PC: File > SaveAs > choose "pdf"
- Important: Do NOT print to PDF, as it will remove the poster's formatting and reset it to 8.5" x 11" (we cannot print this).
- To check for the proper PDF properties (page and file size), open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader and go to File > Properties. The information is on the bottom left.
File submissions are only accepted through our poster submission form:
Step 3: Confirmation
You will be notified via email upon the following events:
- Successful file upload/reception
- File acceptance, confirmed dimensions, and cost. If the poster is being paid for by CNSM faculty or staff, a request for payment information is initiated
- File completion and notification for pickup
If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact us to make sure we received your file.
Step 4: Pick Up
Once you receive a completion notification, you may pick up your poster during lab open hours.
- If you are paying at pick up, be sure that your Beach ID Card (Beach Bucks) pre-loaded with the appropriate amount to complete the transaction. Receipt for poster payments can only be obtained at ID Card services in the bookstore. The G2 Lab cannot provide receipts.
- If CNSM faculty or staff is covering the costs, come with your confirmation number to validate payment by an external CNSM source.
- Once the poster leaves the G2 Lab, there are no refunds or replacements.
- The actual poster may vary from what was on seen on the screen. We do not provide test prints or proofing.
Cost and Payment Methods
The cost of each poster is based on a supply reimbursement basis that include reimbursement for the cost of the printer, service contracts, and its consumables. This pricing structure is designed to keep costs affordable to allow CNSM students, faculty, staff, and programs access to the highest quality prints and presentations as a support to their ongoing success.
The following prices are for heavy weight coated matte finished paper.
- For posters with 36" width, the cost starts at $8.00 for a length of 12". Each inch after 12 is an additional $0.75.
- For posters with 42" width, the cost starts at $9.25 for a length of 12". Each inch after 12 is an additional $1.00.
|Dimensions (L x W)||Cost|
|48" x 42"||$37.50|
|42" x 42"||$32.75|
|48" x 36"||$32.00|
|42" x 36"||$28.00|
The expected form of payment for all file submissions is the Beach ID Card (Beach Bucks), which is available to every student and faculty member with a CSULB ID number.
For CNSM faculty and staff only: the G2 Lab is also able to charge CNSM- G, RS, CE, and Stateside accounts with proper approval from the PI or the College ASM.