Computing to Change the World for the Better:
A Research-focused Workshop for Women
California State University Long Beach is hosting a three-day workshop for undergraduate women from Southern California. Participants will work on research problems with clear real-world applications in teams led by faculty and assisted by graduate students. Additional sessions are planned to inspire female undergraduates and enrich their knowledge about research and graduate programs.
- Dr. Anahita Shayesteh, Senior Staff Engineer, Samsung
- Dr. Kristina Winbladh Nasr, Technical Program Manager, Google
Participants will be able to:
- Learn about graduate school, application and admission process, academic and financial resources
- Meet and network with other Computer Science female undergraduates
- Learn from current PhD students about their journey, research projects, and future plans
- Explore an intense and authentic research experience in a friendly and supportive environment
- Work in a team to tackle a practical research problem
- Present their research results as a poster or via an oral presentation
Who can attend the workshop?
Women undergraduates from schools in Southern California are invited to apply. Male students may also apply. Preference will be given to first-generation students and those from groups underrepresented in computing.