Advising : Center for Student Success
The College of Business Undergraduate Center for Student Success is committed to encouraging personal and academic success. Our goals are to assist undergraduate students with making a successful transition to and establishing their place in the University; to take responsibility for learning how to set academic, career, and personal goals and learning the strategies to achieve those goals; and to graduate in a timely manner by successfully meeting all major requirements. Go Beach!
Individual Advising Appointments can help you
- Determine your eligibility for admission to the major
- Develop an educational plan
- Review transfer credit and understand transfer policies
- Plan your next semester’s schedule
- Understand University and graduation requirements
- Inform on probationary status and how to avoid academic disqualification
- Determine major grade point deficiencies and how to resolve them
- Explore other services on campus
Signature Authority to Approve
- “Educational Leave” requests for undergraduate Business majors
- Election of the credit/no credit grading option for Business majors or Business courses
Letters from Major Advisors
- Approval for “Practical Training” from the Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Financial Aid SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- Verification for Public Social Services
Program Planners are advising worksheets for individual academic programs based on the current Catalog. They provide students with a summary of the academic requirements for which they will be held responsible for their "catalog year." The Program Planners are designed to help students track the courses he/she has taken and has left to complete in his/her major course requirements.
- Counselors' Conference
- LBUSD College and Career Night
- National College Fairs
- Onsite/Offsite high school events
- Onsite/Offsite community college events
- Transfer Day/Major Fairs
- Transfer Admissions Workshops
- Finance Calculator
- Grad Check
- GWAR Preparation
- Mandatory freshman, sophomore, and transfer advising
- Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) sessions
- Probation Intervention
Study Support Annex (CBA-126)
Group tutoring is available in the annex.
The College of Business Center for Student Success offers FREE group tutoring for the following courses: ACCT 201, 202, 300A,300B, and 320, FIN 300, IS 301 and 310, and STAT 108 and 118.
Learning Assistance Center (LAC) Horn Center-104
Tutoring support for Math 115, Stat 108 and 118, Econ 100 and 101, Acct 201 and 202. Please see the LAC for a complete listing of all tutoring services available for business courses and their current tutoring schedule.
Writer's Resource Lab (WRL) LAB -206
Its central mission is to provide ongoing writing instruction to any currently enrolled CSULB student via one-on-one tutorials. As an integral part of writing-across-the-curriculum program on this campus, the WRL exists to help students become more effective and independent writers.