Advising : Center for Student Success
The CBA Undergraduate Center for Student Success is committed to encouraging personal and academic success. Our goals are to assist undergraduate students with making a successful transition to and establishing their place in the University; to take responsibility for learning how to set academic, career, and personal goals and learning the strategies to achieve those goals; and to graduate in a timely manner by successfully meeting all major requirements. Go Beach!
Individual Advising Appointments can help you
- Eligibility for admission to the major, based on impaction criterion for Pre-Business students and students wanting to change their major to Business Administration
- Develop an Educational Plan
- Review transfer credit and understand transfer policies
- Plan your next semester’s schedule
- Prepare a plan to complete major requirements for students identified as “Super Seniors”
- Understand University and graduation requirements
- Remove probationary status to avoid disqualification
- Determine major grade point deficiencies and how to resolve them
- Explore other services on campus
Signature Authority to Approve
- “Educational Leave” requests for undergraduate Business majors
- Election of the credit/no credit grading option for Business majors or Business courses
Letters from Major Advisors
- Approval for “Practical Training” from the Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Financial Aid SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- Verification for Public Social Services
Program Planners are advising worksheets for individual academic programs based on the current Catalog. They provide students with a summary of the academic requirements for which they will be held responsible for their "catalog year." The Program Planners are designed to help students track the courses he/she has taken and has left to complete in his/her major course requirements.
- Counselors' Conference
- LBUSD College and Career Night
- National College Fairs
- Onsite/Offside community college events
- Preview Day – College of Business Administration
- Transfer Day/Major Fairs
- Mandatory freshman and transfer advising
- Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) sessions
Study Annex (CBA-126)
All tutoring services questions and referals will be manged out of the Annex 126, This office staffed and room to work and study. All supplimental instructionswill be provided.
The College of Business Administration Center for Student Success will be offering FREE group tutoring for the following courses: ACCT 201, 202, 300A, and 300B, FIN 300, IS 301 and 310, and STAT 108 and 118.
Learning Assistance Center (LAC) Horn Center-104
Tutoring support for Math 115, Stat 108 and 118, Econ 100 and 101, Acct 201 and 202. Please see the LAC for a complete listing of all tutoring services available for CBA courses and their fall 2016 schedule. Currently LAC is offering some tutoring in the evenings.
Its central mission is to provide ongoing writing instruction to any currently enrolled CSULB student via one-on-one tutorials. As an integral part of writing-across-the-curriculum program on this campus, the WRL exists to help students become more effective and independent writers.