Undergraduate Business majors who are accepted into the University Honors Program can participate in the Business Honors Track.
This track aims to provide an intellectually rewarding academic experience by providing students with a community of scholars, Honors courses (general education and business major coursework), and a thesis project that serves to prepare students for success as business professionals and graduate students.
- Graduate School Level Preparation
- Scholarship Opportunities & Priority Registration
- Personalized Advising & Smaller Class Sizes
- Exclusive Access to University Honors Facilities
- Community of Scholars & Business Honors Track Events
- Leadership & Professional Development Opportunities
- Opportunity to Work with Faculty on an Independent Research Project
Review the Current University Honors Program Application Requirements (this page reflects the Criteria as of November 2018)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher (4.0 or higher recommended for President’s Scholarship consideration)
- Strong ACT and/or SAT scores are desirable (for incoming freshmen)
- Ability to complete the unit requirements of the selected Honors Plan
* Even if not all criteria are met, under special circumstances, applicants may be evaluated for admissions consideration by the Honors Program Director
Applying for Fall Program Admittance
First Round with President’s Scholarships consideration (First year and transfer students)
- February 1 - Application opens
- March 1 - Deadline for completed application and Letters of Recommendation
Second Round (First year, transfer, and continuing CSULB students)
- March 15 - Application opens
- June 1 - Deadline for completed application and Letters of Recommendation
Applying for Spring Program Admittance
First Round (transfer and continuing CSULB students)
- November 15 - Application opens
December 15 - Deadline for completed application and Letters of Recommendation
NOTICE: Always review the current University Honors Program deadlines (this page reflects the dates as of November 2018).
Business Honors Plan I (minimum of 21 units)
This plan is designed for entering freshmen and consists of a minimum of 15 units (typically 5 courses) of lower- and upper-division Honors classes (General Education and Business courses); and a culminating 6-unit independent scholarly project (UHP 496 Research Participation and UHP 498 Senior Thesis/Project). Each student works on the thesis with a faculty supervisor deemed knowledgeable in the chosen topic area.
Business Honors Plan II (minimum of 15 units)
This plan is designed for upper-division transfer students and continuing CSULB students and consists of a minimum of 9 units (typically 3 courses) of upper-division Honors classes (General Education and Business courses); and a culminating 6-unit independent scholarly project (UHP 496 Research Participation and UHP 498 Senior Thesis/Project). Each student works on the thesis with a faculty supervisor deemed knowledgeable in the chosen topic area.
NOTICE: You may confirm the most current Business Honors Track requirements via the University Honors Program (this page reflects the requirements as of November 2018).
The College of Business anticipates offering the following future Business Honors courses:
- HRM 360 and MGMT 425 (Spring 2019)
- MKTG 300 (Fall 2019)
- FIN 300 (Spring 2020)
- ACCT 201 (Fall 2020)
- IS 300 (Spring 2021)
- CBA 300 (Fall 2021)
NOTICE: You may confirm upcoming Business Honors course offerings by contacting the Business Honors Team (this information was last updated November 2018).