BeachScholarships Tutorials and Guides
Please RSVP the day before the workshop by 11:59pm through BeachSync. Once you sign into BeachSync, select BeachScholarships on the top banner and this will lead you to a list of workshops where you can RSVP.
Fall 2016 Scholarship Workshops:
- Friday, November 4th from 11am-12pm
- Thursday, November 10th from 11am-12pm
- Tuesday, November 15th from 12pm-1pm
- Wednesday, November 16th from 12pm-1pm
Spring 2017 Scholarship Workshops: Coming soon
Scholarship Tips & Suggestions
Scholarship applications with a personal statement and/or short answer response are one of the most important parts of the application process. It allows the readers of the selection committee to know you as an individual. You want the selection committee to become invested in you and your future.
When writing your personal statement/short answer responses, we suggest the following guidelines:
- Be sure to follow the guidelines.
- If there is a word limit, stay as close to it as possible. Do not write a novel. Use 12 point font unless directed otherwise.
- Make sure you answer the question.
- This may sound obvious, but many students go around the questions without ever answering the actual questions. Try rephrasing the question in your answer.
- Write your responses in a Word document.
- Since the application is online or through a fillable PDF, we encourage you to write your personal statement/short responses in a Word document first. Once you have saved and edited your responses, you can copy and paste your responses accordingly.
- Proofread, Proofread, Proofread!
Other Scholarship Search Engines
There are many resources that offer access to scholarship information. Scholarship search engines are an effective way to gain access to many scholarships.
* Important Note: Never pay for a Scholarship Search Engine!
Sponsored by the College Board, this program can locate scholarships, loans, internships, and other financial aid programs from non-college sources that match your education level, talents, and background. By completing the profile form, this Scholarship Search will find potential scholarship opportunities from a database of 3,400 programs, over one million awards in all!
The Mach 25 database contains over 600,000 awards totaling over $1.6 billion. Using a series of questions, the database narrows down the number of awards displayed on your results page.
The College Planning web site is sponsored by Boeing Employees’ Credit Union (BECU) and presented by College Planning Network, a Seattle-based, nonprofit organization, assisting people seeking educational opportunities, and serving the Pacific Northwest.
This website offers an extensive index of scholarships and grants with no profile or login required. Explore aid opportunities based on a wide variety of personal and educational goals and interests. Foundation behind the site also offers a number of popular scholarships (listed under "Our Scholarships") for which students are free to apply, no strings attached.
Fast Web uses a database to help students find scholarships for college. Matching each student's background with eligibility requirements for scholarships nationwide. This allows Fast Web to advise students about scholarship opportunities tailored to the student.
This free, comprehensive financial aid resource contains everything from a glossary of relevant terms to information about all types of financial aid. You can use a calculator to estimate the cost of college, find information on scholarships, or find aid based upon special interests.
This scholarship directory of regional and national scholarships is designed to assist self-identified Latino students find scholarship opportunities.
Scholarship Experts helps both college students and college-bound high school students with time-saving scholarship search tools. For students currently living in the United States, our domestic scholarship search service offers fast and efficient search technology and accurate, reliable search results.
Search our free scholarship database to uncover awards for high school, college, grad and adult students. Start your scholarship search!
Gain access to an award database that contains over 2.4 million scholarships worth over 14 billion dollars. Run your free search today!