Applications for the 2020/2021 school year are now open!
To guide you through the application timeline, learn more about being a BUILD trainee, and guidance with the online application, please read through the sections below and click on the topic links.
If you're ready to start the online application, then please use the following link: APPLY HERE.
Application Process Timeline
Below is a general timeline of CSULB BUILD recruiting activities so you can put a reminder on your calendar.
- November: Applications Open | Fall Information Sessions
- February: Spring Information Sessions
- March: Application Due
- April: Interviews tentatively scheduled for the week following Spring Break. Schedules can vary by College; applicants will be notified by email of schedule changes.
- May: Selection Notices
- June: BUILD Scholars and Fellows Programs Begin
Informational Sessions about the program are often scheduled in November and February each year. If you are unable to make it to one of them, the basic information presented is available for download.
Information for Prospective Students
- How to apply to the BUILD Program
- What to include with your application
- Where to find a BUILD faculty mentor
- Learn more about what research is
- FAQs about Ph.D.s
- An overview of the Scholars Program
- An overview of the Fellows Program
- An overview of the Research Curriculum
- General FAQs