Call for Oral Presentations, Research Demonstrations and Research Posters.
BUILD Faculty Mentors are warmly invited to submit an abstract for an oral presentation of their health-related research at the 2018 BUILD Research Symposium. This event provides a unique opportunity for mentors and their student researchers to present their research to the CSULB community, increasing awareness of their work on campus, as well as the potential for collaboration with colleagues.
The Symposium will be held on Friday, March 2, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the USU Ballrooms.
- Early Acceptance: Abstract submission for early acceptance is Monday, Dec. 4, 2017, at 5 p.m. PST.
- Final Deadline: Thursday, Dec. 21, 2017, at 5 p.m. PST.
The topic of the research to be presented must be health-related
- ORALS: Open to all CSULB faculty health researchers and BUILD Mentors
- DEMONSTRATIONS: Open to all CSULB faculty and staff health researchers
- For both Orals and Demonstrations:
- Faculty can co-present with their student mentees or highlight in their presentation the work of undergraduate students that they mentored
- Space is limited; acceptance will be given on a first come, first serve basis (with balance between the colleges); we anticipate up to 4 presentations
- The presentations will be limited to 30 minutes followed by a joint Q&A session with another presenter.
- RESEARCH POSTERS: Open to BUILD students and Graduate Assistants
- ORAL: Please submit abstract for oral presentation to http://bit.ly/2hLIQ84
- DEMONSTRATION: Please submit abstract to http://bit.ly/2i9xlLu
- POSTERS: Please submit abstract to https://csulb.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0xDcUwQqxJSVGUB
- Abstracts of about 150 words should be provided.
- Please include faculty name, student name, department, title of presentation, email, telephone, and 3 keywords.
For more information, please contact: Mara Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org or 562-985-5312