Class of 1963
This page is dedicated to the class of 1963 in honor of their 50th anniversary. Click below to enjoy taking a walk down memory lane with our collection of photos from the academic year 1962-1963.
Back in Time to 1963:
- Robert Frost died Jan. 29th
- Pasty Cline dies in plane crash on Mar. 5th
- Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary in San Francisco Bay Closed on
- Communications satellite, Telstar, is launched from Cape Canaveral on May 7th
- Equal Pay Act Signed by Pres. Kennedy on June 10th
- Zip codes assigned to every house in America in July
- Martin Luther King gave “I Have a Dream” speech on Aug. 25th
- John F. Kennedy assassinated on Nov. 22nd
- Civil Rights unrest escalates during 1963; protests and rioting, a march on Washington D.C., desegregation of several schools in Atlanta and Birmingham
- Clean Air Act Passed
- McDonald’s sells its billionth hamburger and introduces
- Polaroid introduces color film for instant cameras
- Chevrolet introduces the Sting Ray Corvette
What is your memory of
Long Beach State College?
Please share your memories with us! Tell us about some of your most memorable moments as a student at Long Beach State College.
Be in the Spotlight!
This is a great opportunity to share about your days at L.B.S.C., personal accomplishments, and let your fellow alumni know what you are doing today! Fill out the form and be the next Golden Grad Spotlight!
View Golden Graduate profiles.
Popular Songs of the Year:
- It’s My Party by Lesley Gore
- Surf City by Jan and Dean
- Surfin’ USA by The Beach Boys
- Be My Baby by The Ronettes
- Heat Wave by Martha and The Vandellas
Popular Movies of the Year:
- The Birds
- From Russia With Love
- It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Popular TV Shows:
- The Fugitive
- Let’s Make a deal
- French Chef with Julia Child airs on Feb. 11th
- My Favorite Martian
- Petticoat Junction