You are here

Beach Connection Stories

Search for articles (title, text)
Setting the Pace for Sustainbility
Amid dire climate predictions and environmental disasters in the region, our campus continues to transform with ambitious initiatives, evolving infrastructure and a growing culture for climate neutrality. Here is a glimpse of a few ways our campus, its numerous environmental groups and thousands of individuals are leading the way to a climate-neutral campus by 2030.  
Before they Were Alumni Student Jobs
Beach alumni are leaders in their fields and champions of their industries, but how did they get to where they are today? Before they were directors, entrepreneurs, and professionals, they built their skills in colorful roles throughout the Long Beach community. Sometimes unusual, sometimes completely left of field from their career path, the jobs alums held as students nonetheless shaped the professional they would become. They got their hands dirty, donned costumes and took tickets, and...
CSU Alumni Baseball Game
New York – D.C. – Hong Kong – Taipei – Dallas – Tokyo CSULB’s regional networks are made possible by the initiative of small groups of alumni with a lot of Beach pride. For alumni pursuing careers beyond our shores, these informal networks are a resource for personal connections, professional opportunities and lasting friendships. The Alumni Association fully supports these passionate alumni groups as they represent the best of our alma mater around the world.
Solar Panels
As CSULB rises to meet the needs of tomorrow’s students, your campus is receiving a slew of expansions and upgrades as well.
Beach Board
How many years did it take you to graduate? Was it more than you expected? If so, you’re not alone. In 2016, only 16 percent of CSULB students who began as freshmen met their 4-year graduation goals. The other 84 percent would require additional semesters to graduate, adding a burden to their career plans and curbing the flow of students vying to enter the workforce.
What Are Your Beach Connections
A college. A class. A mentor. A memory. We graduate, but our alma mater never leaves us. The relationships we make and the experiences we share on campus help shape who we are and who we will become. In some ways obvious, and some ways we might never realize- The Beach is for life. In asking the question, “What are your Beach Connections?” we hope that readers will sincerely consider all of the friendships, rivalries, mentors, and personal discoveries connected with CSULB that have had a...