29th Annual Alumni Grants Program
Nearly $975,000 has been distributed through this program since its founding in 1991!
The Alumni Grants Program was created to enhance our academic departments and non-academic programs, enrich the student experience and have a lasting impact to the university. The recipients are selected by committees composed of alumni.
2018 ALUMNI GRANTS RECIPIENTS
A grand total of nearly $50,000 was awarded to 10 programs.
We appreciate the continuing generous sponsorship of SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union toward this program.
- School of Art and University Library: Getty Pacific Standard Time LA/LA Exhibition Catalog Collection. Catha Paquette and Leslie Andersen. $4,000.
- Associated Students, Inc.: ASI Beach Pantry commercial freezer. Christina Limon. $2,287.
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: 24 heating mantles for organic laboratory. Chris Brazier and Ken Nakayama. $4,322.
- Chemistry and Biochemistry: Tensiometer for materials and analytical chemistry. Fangyuan Tian. $7,500.
- Disabled Students Services: SmartPen Loaner Program for disabled students. Tina Sutera. $3,712.
- Linguistics: Smart Viewsonic white board and rolling cart. Alexandra Jaffe. $4,882.
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering: Laser PIV System for visualizing Thermal Flows. Navdeep Singh Dhillon. $6,765.
- School of Nursing: Computerized tetherless pediatric simulator. Lucy Van Otterloo. $7,500.
- Speech-Language Pathology: Assessment tools for autism spectrum disorder. Belinda Daughrity. $3,320.
- University Art Museum: Portable classroom equipment – MacBook, monitor, carts. Brian Trimble. $3,548.