BeachBoard's HTML Editor allows you to embed media content media, such as videos, for students to see without having to download it or open a new page. Embedding videos is possible anywhere you see a text box, except text boxes that appear while taking a quiz (unless your instructor has enabled the HTML editor in Long Answer questions only).
How to Embed Media Content
In any text box that has the HTML editor, you will be able to insert a video using the following steps.
- In the HTML Editor, click the Insert Stuff button from the toolbar in the HTML Editor.
- The Insert Stuff window will appear, on the left click Enter Embed Code.
- Paste desired embed code in the space provided.
- NOTE: Embed Code can be retrieved from a variety of online sources. (If using Youtube, click the Share button and copy the embed code.)
- Click Next
- Click Insert
- A placeholder will appear in the HTML Editor, click Save and close your work.
- Access your piece of content to ensure the audio or video will play as you expect.