Note: As a student, you can only create Calendar events for your group.
Creating Events in the Calendar
Create a General (Content) Event
- Click All Calendars in the calendar views area to bring up a drop-down list of your courses and select the course that you want to create the event for.
- Click Create Event in the calendar content area.
- Click Add Content on the Create Event page to associate course content with the event.
- Enter Title, Description, and specify a date and time.
Note: You can also create events directly in the day, week, and month Calendar views by clicking a time or date.
- Select a specific group or section under Attendees. See ‘Adding groups and/or Sections to Event’ below.
- Enter information about recurrence and restrictions. See Manage event recurrence and restrictions for more information.
- Enter any useful URLs in the description. They will appear as clickable links in the event details view.
Note: To add and remove content to an event after you have already created it, click the context menu for the event name in agenda view; or, click the event in the calendar content area in any other view and click Edit, Add, or Delete.
"Quick Create" an Event
- Click on All Calendars and select a course to set as the current calendar.
- Click a time interval in the calendar content area to create an event within that course.
Adding Groups and/or Sections to an Event
If you have more than one group participating in the same course event during different time intervals, you can create multiple instances of the same event, tailored to each group's needs. The group events share the name and description fields, but once you finish creating the group events in bulk, they display as individual events.
To read more about how you can create groups, see About Groups.
Add Groups and/or Sections to an Event
Note: This option will only be available if you have already created a group for your course.
- Select Create Event in the calendar management area.
- Select Add Groups/Sections to choose which groups you would like to create separate instances of the event for.
- Alternatively, you can edit an existing event in the calendar content area and choose which group will be tied to that occurrence using the Attendees drop-down menu in the Edit Event section.
Adding External Events to your Calendar
You can add new events and update existing events by importing them from an external iCal file into your Calendar.
Importing Events from an External iCal File
- Select the course you want your events to be grouped under by clicking on it in a calendar view.
- Select Import Events.
- Click Browse on the Import Events page to search for the iCal file containing your events.
- If you want to import the events into a specific group or section, select it in the Attendees drop-down menu.
- Click Import.