Program Review and Assessment
The Assessment office helps departments and academic programs ensure students graduate with highly valued degrees by:
- Supporting the scholarship of learning on campus;
- Assisting individuals working on learning objectives at the course level;
- Providing feedback to departments and programs about methods for assessing student learning at the program level and ensuring alignment with GE and institutional-level outcomes as well as WSCUC Core Competencies;
- Working with departments and programs to develop viable assessment plans;
- Working with the offices of Student Assessment and Institutional Research to assist the university in its core commitment to assess student success;
- Providing information about assessment activities such as conferences, websites, and e-learning opportunities.
The Program Review office helps departments, academic programs, and academic support programs ensure students graduate with highly valued degrees by:
- Assisting departments and programs as they complete the self-study for program review (powerpoint tutorial available - PDF);
- Working with departments and the VPAA to determine a suitable external reviewer for program review;
- Supporting UPRC members in the drafting of program-review reports and recommendations to departments and programs.
More information on the program-review process may be found at the Program Assessment Review Council link.